Am I on a baking spree or what!? I thought I had said I might share some achievements…well here are some of the rewards of my own hardwork….I did end up joining a cake decorating class, well not quite there yet, but I am on track as far as my resolutions for this year are concerned! I hope no-one will judge the work….I am just learning. I get to eat them so I make sure I do things right as far as taste is concerned,I will get better with time on the presentation part. Take a bow! I am proud of myself..just taking a step at a time…hmm I wonder what’s next? The anticipation gets me tingling…he he…what about your new year resolutions? Any luck yet?
12 Feb 2014 Leave a comment
Do you know the feeling, when suddenly you feel like you are at the brink of rebirth, that God’s amazing grace leads you to a breakthrough, when you are going to jump off the cliff and you actually begin to fly….this is one of those days when I was feeling all dejected and dismal when life threw a second chance at me to look back on a relationship long ignored when at a point I was crying out tears of rejection and feeling worthless in a different relationship and then there it was that feeling….like a fog lifting, clear skies and even a rainbow just to make me happy and I start dreaming of wonderful days ahead, scoring a big 100 on 100, hitting the highest notes…all at one time…that feeling…of being usurped from deep down in the ocean where you are counting your last breath and you rise up and gasp and gulp down enough oxygen to fill your lungs with air and life in your heart… your chest if full of air, your mind is free and your heart is open…Ohana! Mending bonds with family members, what a relief and all you see is hope and all you have is faith. Just as the new year begins, I am reassured time and again that things will be fine if I just make that small effort. It is not going to hurt me, it is actually going to strengthen me. Baby step at a time, just like Will Smith said, a brick at a time! I will get there, whether it is a goal or some relationship or some wildly spun dream. Everytime I succeed I can’t wait to feel all of this all over again.
27 Jan 2014 Leave a comment
2014, a warm welcome to the start of the year I must say! My rehabilitation stage is ‘recovering well’. Do not jump the guns! I am recovering from the trauma and drama on Facebook. My new year resolutions are to be worry free, stay healthy, to learn new things in the kitchen and lots of arts and crafts, small patio garden. I might also share some achievements on the blog. I am sincerely hoping I can keep at least one of these resolutions and not break each and every one of them like all the past years, this also can be one of the resolutions. Less of Southpark, avoiding HSN and QVC as much as I can and more of reading, less of television is the most difficult to attain so concentrating my efforts on investing more time in libraries and books. Let me go back to life when it was much simpler without gadgets, technology although I am not going to stay away completely, I am human in the end! Can’t forget that fact…although how I wish I was a butterfly or an angel for real *daydreaming*. But umm, yeah, snapping back to reality, I will definitely try and take more creative classes and do more Yoga! Ooh ooh, how I would love to share a big post on Yoga! *Giggling* I will try and remember all birthdays and anniversaries and phone numbers without Facebook. Wish me luck!*clears throat*
Well, wishing everyone who is reading and those who have no clue about this blog a Happy New Year and hope to avoid tension, negativity, doubt, fear or wars instead see more of freedom, love, peace, rainbows and unicorns, smiles and laughter in the coming years!
10 Dec 2013 Leave a comment
I am just not into serious stuff! Life is already surrounded with serious issues. Writing about serious issues makes me look grave, concentrate hard at the screen or scribble with a heavy hand almost digging the pen onto the paper!
I like to joke around, laugh, enjoy the moment. But some serious issues keep popping their head up like a meerkat in a desert….its not a good example….but I know you get it….It keeps bugging me until I talk about it. It’s like a song stuck in your head that you want to sing out loud, but you are conscious of your voice!
Okay, let me just blurt it out. Rape is not okay. Not for anyone! Period! Hearing about it makes me go berserk! Respect the boundaries. There are so many thoughts just gushing in and I want to just them puke them all out and just give a sigh of relief. But are the rapists going to read this? No! Even if they do, will they be affected by the post and curb from it!? No! So, who should I write this for? For myself? Then my diary is a much private thing where I can go on ranting for pages! But no, as a woman, I must write this for someone who is a brother, husband, father, son, father-in-law who will try to comfort and assure a woman in their lives that they will always protect them. Why just these men, complete strangers come and rape women why can’t complete strangers protect them? What is discussed is how the rape happened, why the rape happened, who was involved and how the rape is affecting everyone around. Why is no one discussing what can be done to avoid rapes completely? What can a woman do to protect herself? Even if she can defend herself from a man but what can she do when there are many? I cannot even imagine the pain and trauma that woman can go through!
God, we depend on you for everything, everything happens for a reason and that we keep praying to God that it is he who has decided our fate, really? How does God watch all this and let this happen to an innocent woman? Why at such times there is no angel, savior who makes sure that she escapes all the man-made sickening urge that is just ruled by a private part where the brain and heart are not involved for the consequences, guilt, shame or hurt? At the end of it all, its just the woman and questions, weird, insensitive questions that will haunt her for the rest of her life. Is that life worth living?
Technology is achieving new heights every second if I may exaggerate however, why can’t technology find an answer to protect women from being an easy target? Would men sit quietly if this happened regularly to their species?
21 Nov 2013 Leave a comment
A list of Awkward moments in my life and a few my friends shared with me, trust me I won’t give out names! Feel free to share yours in the comments below!
- When you are watching a movie with parents and suddenly a ‘steamy scene’ starts! Awkward!
- When no one finds your joke funny. Awkward!
- When no one laughs but you are clapping and snorting at a silly joke. Awkward!
- When you laugh in a serious conversation because you remembered a joke told to you day before yesterday! Awkward!
- When you are drinking water and spit it out on a friend because you couldn’t control laughing! Awkward!
- When being photographed at a wedding while you are just trying to put in a morsel of food! Awkward!
- When you try giving a high-five and get no response! Awkward!
- When a friend is hurling abuses at someone and parents hear it all! Awkward!
- When your phone rings in a quiet cinema hall, church or hospital! Awkward!
- When you just have to sit and watch while your friend is being yelled at by his parents! Awkward!
- When your mom suddenly comes in while you were watching a ‘nasty movie’! Awkward! Shameful! Frightened!
- When you are making fun of someone and they are standing right behind you! Ouch! Awkward!
- While you are making fun of someone and you become the butt of ridicule by the end of the conversation! Awkward!
- When you want to be angry at someone but they end up making you laugh! Awkward!
- When you are writing your exam and you realize you studied for the wrong subject and you feel like laughing and crying at the same time! Awkward! Darn! You are screwed!
22 Oct 2013 Leave a comment
I don’t know if condolences ever make up for the loss, but thoughts and prayers hopefully might be reaching out to the loved ones who are no longer a part of our regular lives. Suddenly something is missing like an arm is broken off and that feeling is equally draining even if it is a loss of a pet, family, relative or a friend.
I would not want to name these friends for personal reasons but they all hold a special place in my heart.
A friend who was like an elder brother. He was always protective and would always be there for me and my sister whenever we needed him or not. The biggest worry for him was not doing as well in academics for his first year in college. We always laughed it off. He was the one who stood up for my sister when she was attacked by a group of boys with hockey sticks and bats. Yes, believe it or not, my younger sister was attacked by a group of boys! How shameful is that..although they got what they deserved a nice beating from the police. Karma…
Our respect for him grew manifold. And then there was that day, when he committed suicide. We never knew why.
A friend who was more than a best friend to me and my sister. He was also a protector, a clown, a shadow that always followed us around, that friend who was just a call away be it day or night he would be there, he would make us laugh with his subtle comments, he would be ready to hurt the ones who would make us cry. He was the one problem solver and always comforted us and laughed with us and seemed to had all answers to our teenage problems!
It wasn’t meant to be I guess because out of the blue we lost our beloved friend in a road accident. For us he will never be gone, he is still here.
A friend who introduced me to the love of my life, the Backstreet Boys! He was the first Christian friend and he was the first one to invite us for Christmas to his house where we saw the biggest Christmas tree for the first time. He treated my sister like his younger sister too. He was a very very close friend. We lost touch for a few years when I started working full-time but I invited him to my wedding and he turned up with his girlfriend. I was so happy for him and promised to keep in touch.
Things looked pretty normal and hopeful, when I came to know about his demise through Facebook, people posted messages and I was left broken-hearted yet again not knowing the reason why.
A friend who encouraged me a lot during tough times at work to take up studies and break free from the workplace that was hampering my confidence. We were on the same terms when it came to work, talking about childhood memories, how our families were similar yet different. We’d discuss how our choices in our life partners were similar and discussed sensitive issues like marriages outside our religions. We had such a similar start to our love life and we were destined to be friends forever when I was shocked with the news of him passing away suddenly with a massive heart attack….. early 30s, a new born son, and I am again disheartened.
The saddest thing about this is I never got to say a final goodbye…..but I am sure they are reborn as angels to protect someone else’s life.
30 Aug 2013 Leave a comment
While talking to my friends recently, I just realized something trivial in a relationship. It is considered normal in Indian culture however men talk to women in a manner of giving a command generally. We Indians consider it as being friendly to each other. It is ideal for spouses to be friends so that the couples can make their relationship work. But now that I think about it….its always….”Do that” when the Indian husband is ordering his wife to do something. And the wife is always requesting, “Will you do it”. But most of the times its an option that husbands can escape, refuse, deny or rarely say “yes” to the request.
Has it been always like this? I think so, since India has always been a male dominated society. Even in this day and age Indian husbands will always be the commander in the house where the wife has to agree. Compared to the older generation, women that used to request most of the times, are now demanding, nagging, and whining to get the work done by hook or crook! But when I compare the situation to a Western world, it will be an equal treatment among the sexes, “Honey, will you please do that for me?” This goes for both the man and the woman! If either one refuses it will be “I am sorry dear, but…” Or “Yes, dear” and so is the response, “Thank you, dear!” How many times has the Indian husband thanked the wife for cooking good food, washing, ironing their clothes? Even if it is a working woman, it is expected of her to do it. I have never heard an Indian husband say, “Thank you, the dinner was wonderful”. Well, the husband might argue this, when he brings the groceries…but my point is courtesy.
We Indians don’t incorporate, “Please, Thank you, Sorry” where we really need to and do it only for the sake of saying it! So, is it courtesy, the manners, the relationship etiquette or a cultural difference? Whatever we may call it and both genders may object to this post, but say, we do make those small little changes even if it is just for fun, would it make a difference? Who wouldn’t want to feel more appreciated!? I am going to try it!
10 Jul 2013 Leave a comment
Right now I am going through the same emotions when I was 19 years old and it’s a difficult stage to be in because you’re just completing 19 moving on to 20 and things start to look completely different because you’re moving out of your teens. You won’t be treated as a child anymore. 18 is classified as an adult age but 19 is the ‘growing into an adult’ year. You can continue doing fun things, naughty things and get away with it. You are attracted to the opposite gender at this age, instead of fighting and arguing you are always conscious about your looks and dressing. You are going through the worst acne phase or the completely opposite best hair and clear face phase. You have more friends to have more coffee and even more gossips. You are constantly rebelling and making your own rules. Your thumbs are the strongest at this age because you text so much! You tend to slam every door, the refrigerator, the door to your room, the door to cars, taxis, buses, bathrooms. You are so on the edge of always crying or getting upset and angry. You hate your parents at times, of-course you regret saying you hated your parents in your 20s. But the year of being 19 is completely different from any other age of the teenage years or growing up in the 20s. What in the world….I can even compare the two decades!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa……
Moving out of my teens was so difficult I almost cried as I sulked going into the twenties. I cried because I felt all the fun was over,I was supposed to become a responsible person,pick up a job finish my studies,get married,settle down basically move on in life and being a Cancerian I tend to hold onto a lot of things including my age. 20′s was smooth sailing, and I have almost achieved everything I had to by the social and cultural demands. The reason I didn’t want to move on and grow up was because I felt like I’m getting too old too fast and now its a similar feeling.Its a feeling of something new is on it’s way, the anticipation of good or bad, losing, being scared of not accomplishing anything anymore in life. I’m soon stepping into a completely new generation…the 30′s. How would it be? Would it be overwhelming? I know I am childish at times would people laugh at me, mock me for being childish at this age? I’ve already found two gray hair would I find more, do I have to use anti aging creams now? There are creams to make you look 10 years younger, but any creams or lotions or anything to make me feel 10 years younger? Or any magical spells like..would this one work…Ho, hum, high and low, can I magically stop to grow? In the 20s moved on from pop to Rock, now would it be the blues that take me through the day? Do I really have to age and act wise and give free advice for the age appropriate experiences?
Terrible….well another year and the wine gets old….Happy Birthday to me!
15 Jun 2013 Leave a comment
If you can, good for you, but I just can’t stand it!
- Poking, like the real physical poking, constant physical nudging, poking.I love the virtual ones, its ticklish.
- Really long nails studded or with lots of glitter and bling, I just can’t understand, with those long nails how can you impress anyone? How can you do the basic things like brushing teeth or wiping stuff!? All you are going to do is scare and scratch someone or yourself, go buy a lion!
- Constant updates on any social network websites. One or two posts are okay but constant shared pics, videos, tagging, pics, check ins, etc. Read what ‘Leisure’ is by Davies.
- Boogers. If you want to watch me vomit, I will drink salt and water, but no boogers please! They are only funny on America’s Funniest Videos.
- Someone else eating an ice-cream or doughnut and I get to watch! No wonder your stomach had cramps the next day, thanks for not sharing stranger!
- Someone picks up the last piece of my favorite food. All you had to do was ask, I would have split the last bit in two, sorry you had to go, you don’t belong in my future.
- Constant bragging. Yes ‘Know it all’, you may be holding the titles to all the pageants, but all I hear is blah, blah blah!
- Spitting, if it’s just a small gum or if its that mucus you have been playing with, I can see you roll your tongue even with your lips tightly closed. Yuck!
- You defeat me in some word game or point out my grammatical mistakes(there is a time and place for that), let me win and I promise a long lasting friendship. Help me lose and you just lost me forever!
- Most probably I will hang up the phone if I am told to hold for more than 10 minutes. 10 minutes is the end of my humanly patience.
- The obsessions of the ‘Skinny world’. Be it clothes, mocktails,cocktails, salads, all the intricacies of how you maintain the Skinny part of your Skinny little bum and bones. You can maintain the skinny in the Sahara. Let people enjoy the abundance that God has given and may they share it.
- Trying to fit yourself in 5 times smaller clothes. Again, there is abundance, fill yourself with abundance! Small is just going to limit your brains and not the body!
- Those sweet, cute, calm videos when you know something is going to go horribly wrong, and it does when that scary woman pops out and you jump out of your skin in disbelief!
- Comments that become war statements just because some idiot brought up his religion. Who asked you if your God is the greatest, to each his own! Respect that.
- Photos in the loo,esp women clicking themselves in the place where you only go to get rid of something your body is rejecting unless the washroom is super luxurious and looks like a bedroom!
- Superstitious forward emails…Share or else…. F#@kdjsh#$*
23 May 2013 Leave a comment
Dear God, there are many people who are always striving to achieve things that they have always wanted to,bless them,but also remember me who is happy with what you have given,help me enjoy each and every moment of this precious life,may I be slow and wise when I talk and only be able to spread good in the world.